Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bosal core material!

Just got a heap of new core material for bosal projects this winter! :)
Reason being, I broke my reata roping the bulls today! :(

We were working our horses on the bulls, me on Brady and Annelie on her old champ Avenir. Annelie took one out of the "herd" and tracked and turned it a little. Avenir is no spring chicken and is somewhat stiff and turns abit like an oiltanker, but actually mirrored the cow pretty good. Showed some moves too when one of the bulls tackled the panel and rattled it pretty good. The old man jumped a couple of boatlenghts but stayed on his animal.

Brady was really good today. First in the cowwork and later roping. He was right on the mark when I cut a couple. Didn´t preassure him much but showed both style and some moves. Later I broke out the rope and had Annelie and Avenir set up some shots for me. Started with some sidearm shots and houliahans. Actually caught something too. Most of all I was pleased with a couple of backhands that found their mark. Then I got cocky and switched to my reata! After a couple of misses I swung and laid a beautiful houliahan on the horned bull. Brady rated good and was ok with me joggin after the bull to get short. Dallied a few times to have Brady feel the pull and force from a bull and he handled it really well. Unfortunately I was a bit slow there at the end feeding rope to let my dallies slip and the darn thing broke. Oh, well all things happen for a reason no? Guess I´m gonna be busy brading this winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment