Sunday, December 12, 2010

One Time Royalty

Summin up the NCHA Futurity I`d say I was pretty dead on with my observations regarding One Time Pepto. He only sired the Open Champion One Time Royalty,scoring a new Futurity record of 230! and also sired the Non-Pro Champion One Rockin Pepto!

Trying to stay awake last night watching the action on the webcast I got to see a couple of les than spectacular runs. Tough cattle sure, and people going for the win, but pretty sloppy cuts as a result.

Dozed off occasioanally before finally calling it quits at 3.30 am. I rewatched One Time Royaltys run this morning and that horse is right on the money all the time! Not many breathtaking moves or spectacular saves, but one of the cleanest runs I ever saw. Lloyd Cox making some pretty decisive cuts right smack in the middle and working the cows just enough. Great run.

The Peeka Peps entered did ok too I guess. 2 new finalist this year and one of them, Annas Brightest Star making both the Ltd and Non-Pro finals. They seemed to run out of gas though as the show wore on. Had their best runs in the earlier go arounds and kinda faded when the going got tough. But then they´re only three, at their first real show ever. Spanning close to a month, that really takes it´s toll I think.

Got my act together and finally started the new bosals. Prepared the cores yesterday and will bevel a bunch of strings today.

No comments:

Post a Comment