Monday, October 24, 2011

Tough weekend!

Saturday I held an 8 hour clinic for an Icelandic Pony club. Really fun and they are a lot of horse presented in a small package! A 2 hour drive there and another 2 hours back! Just some basic horsemanship phillosophies and concepts paired with some tweeks here and there to better suit what the participants were looking for or needed help with. Usually I bring a horse to better visualize what we're after, but Brady probably has an infection brewing and I didn't want to risk anything by bringing him. That left me trying to present things in a clear and visual way without horse. More demanding, but also made me think more thorrough about the problems we may encounter and how to correct them. Great people none the less and I hope they found something in my rambling that made sense and was helpful!

Sunday was full of the usual stuff, feeding and letting horses out, muckin stalls, setting up cowpens, working Cat first so I can let the cows out to pasture as early as possible. She's getting it and she wants to work cattle! Great feeling and she's starting to read some by herself. She over reacts some though and if a cow breaks left, she explodes and jumps about a boatlength to block her. Something we'll spend the winter fixing on the pro-cutter. I´m more than pleased with her progress though and we'll get the possitioning down pat also I'm sure.

Another student, Erika on a big ol Tinker named Jordan, after that and she's making progress also. We're working on suppleness and feel right now and she gets it too. Lastly I rode the little Arab mare again. She's been off all week as I havn't really had time for her. She was a bit full of herself but overall she did good. Next up was fixing pastures. I've connected the fillies summerpasture with their winter hangout, constructing a closable run through the trees. Will close of the summer pasture when the weather gets worse.

That was basically my weekend, dead tired and back acheing we got a couple of minutes on the tv couch before hitting our faces on the bed and it started all over again this morning!

The PCCHA Golden Hills 5/6 Classic finals today:



Rooting alittle x-tra for Jimmy Kemp's Little Lap Dancer. Jimmy's family has owned horses like Commander King, Hollywood Bill, Leo San, Wimpy Leo. They also owned Peppy Belle who, when bred to Leo San, produced the great Peppy San. I love this mare's breeding! By Peptoboonsmal and out of the great Little Belly Dancer, a full sister to Wild Haired Cat, Miss Woody Two Shoes, Wiley Cat and Woodys Wildest Cat. The latter by the way is 4th, with a 221, after the PCCHA Stakes 1st round.

Got some unconfirmed results from this weekends Swedish National Championships.
Nadia
1st. Solanos Sugar Doll - Nadia Reinholdsson score: 144
2nd. Solanos Little Tivio - Göran Lindström score: 142
3rd. A Smart Little Leo - Styrbjörn Persson score: 141

No comments:

Post a Comment