Saturday, April 7, 2012

I'm beat....

Sitting on the kitchen couch, recouperating. Waiting for today's 2nd set of the Super Stakes 2nd go. Just got back from riding my two fillies. Man, are they different or what?! Started with La Flor del Viento or "Polly" for short. She's 2 years old and tough as nails. 4th time on her back and we got into it alittle. She's about as stubborn as they come but smart and really athletic. After getting to many "why should I's" from her I decided it was time to "insist" on alittle try atleast. Pulled my hat down, feet all tucked in the stirrups, deep seat and mecate tail flippin down on her but when she showed the attitude. Exploded around the arena for a couple of laps, buckin and carrying on. Put my hand on her neck, sweet talked her a little and she stopped, looked at me and was a perfect angel for the rest of the session.

After that it was time for the other filly, Kick The Cat 3yo. She's Pollys total opposite, all nerves and really responsive. She's gotten really big lately and is starting to fill out pretty good. She stands about 15 hands. Takes about 20 minutes for her to land though and listen without overreacting to everything. We finished off on a good note working the flag alittle. Slow and easy. She's as soft as they come though and a very nice ride when she simmers down.

In the Super Stakes yesterday, my favorite Hottish did just what I feared. Worked his first cow like a champ with spectacular moves with a tremendous eye appeal. Then came the misses, a loss and Lloyd Cox leaving the working area without a score. Waiting for Rocking W:s Fortune Bend here in a bit. He looked great in the first go. Also in this set is Pete Branch's Kit Kat Sugar, John Mitchells Itsy Bitsy Boon and Martinis Pepto.

No comments:

Post a Comment