Monday, December 21, 2009

Spanish Sue Reed

Quarterhorse. Mare born 1994.

"Mexicali" is one of the sweetest horses I´ve ever been around! I leased her from my dear friends Göran & Marianne Larsson when they were downsizing their broodmare band. The plan was to breed her to cutting stallion Wild Thing DNA. I wanted a cowhorse, and really liked Mexicalis looks, the graceful, floating way she moved and her good legs and bone. Her pedigree is really quite intriguing with a damside that goes back to some pretty great, albeit "old time" horses. That, coupled with the modern, super cutting pedigree of Wild Thing is something I really wanted to base my breeding program around.

We had some bad luck on our first try to get her in foal as she got seriously hurt and we were very close to having her put down. Fortunately, Annelie convinced me to give her one more chance and we took her to a third or fourth vet who suggested a special treatment. It all worked out and with the final doze of Wild Thing DNA seemen we got her in foal. Last Year (on my 40th birthday) I got a call from Göran and he told me he and Marianne had descided to give the mare to me outright. Thank You so much guy´s!!

She came down with a sorrel, rabiciano filly this year who´s getting better and better looking by the day. Mexicali also is an outstanding mother! Not only does she care for her own offspring in an exemplary fashion, she also takes all the other weanling foals under her wing. She´s the last mare we remove from the foals as she really keeps the weaned ones feeling safe and calm.

1 comment:

  1. Solid state lighting does not have any moving components inside it.
    They need only ten to thirty percent as much power as C7s
    or C9s. Hopefully, with this guide and examples on how to power 12 volt lights with
    solar panels at your home, you will be well on your way to having great
    lighting while saving energy in a cost-efficient manner.


    My blog - Deckenleuchten

    ReplyDelete