Monday, May 3, 2010

Busy weekend


Polly dreaming of Ruidoso Downs and the
All American maybe??

Bunch of stuff got done over the weekend. Loading hay, working the horses etc.


After riding and working the horses, loading and unloading 4 tons of hay yesterday, we were pretty beat last night. Shoulda gotten the taxes done, but they´ll keep until tonight I guess.

Friends and neighbours hard at work!

You can almost hear the grass growing now that the sun is getting warmer. Need to get the fences fixed and looked over before the summer grazing horses get here.




The girls got a bit of work in the pen today. Some leading, longeing and sacking out. I like to work them at liberty or with a rope or longeline. If I can get them used to everything out in the open, not much will bother `em later. My feeling is they learn and accept things faster and more true if it´s their choice to stand still and close to me. For instance, I like to work on their feet while just having the leadrope draped over my arm, meaning they can leave at any time, but I can still get a hold of them if need be. Once they accept that, standing for the farrier in the barn is not much of a problem. Cat is a really graceful mover and fast learner. She can be alittle anxious as times, but I like the fact you can move her feet with very little effort. Molly is pretty calm and quiet but still really sudden and explosive.

Scratch



Polly is still a handful! I don´t have to throw her anymore to get her haltered though, so that´s a possitive! Seriously, she´s doing great and looks great too.
Feeding Time!

I just love that hip!

Brady rated good and was pretty much in control while working the cutting machine yesterday. We´ll keep at it on a more regular basis until we can get some new cows here.

No comments:

Post a Comment