Friday, November 5, 2010

Justa Bita Pep


I purchased Justa Bita Pep almost three years ago with the plan of having her foal in the US, rebreed her and ship the horse, foal and "tummy" over here later that year. I really liked the looks of her and the mares breeding with Bad Peppy Lena, Poco Tivio and some running blood on the bottom looked intrigueing. I couldn´t have asked for a better start and I´m soo pleased with her. Both as an individual and as a producer.

Just "stole" this pic of P.J, or Pistolero as he´s called now, from Styrbjörn & Mona. He´s been on cows for about 2 weeks now and they sound very pleased with him! He´s such a nice and pleasant horse to be around and work with and I´m really proud of him and the way he handles himself.
Ima Peppy Pistolero


Peppy has really given us some great foals. Pistolero above and the yearling filly Sweet Lil Angel are both by a Smart Little Pistol stud with some Dry Doc and Royal Silver King on the bottom. Sweet Lil Angel resembles her brother very much in everything except colour, she might even be a tad better than Pistolero!
Sweet Lil Angel


This years filly "Polly" looks to be something else too! Gorgeous and with a ton of potential and a really bright future. She´s got integrety though and lets you know her opinion at times. I went another route here though as I wanted some Peptoboonsmal/Royal Blue Boon in there too. I found Peeka Pep. A Peptoboonsmal son who was injured as a youngster and never got a chance to show. Hall of Fame trainer Tommy Marwin thought enough of him though to keep him and stand him at stud. What I really like is the Pepto-Smart Little Lena cross and the fact he´s double bred Royal Blue Boon. This gives little Polly two crosses to Peppy San Badger, two crosses to Smart Little Lena, two crosses to Royal Blue Boon up really close on on her papers. To me, that´s something to build on.
Polly

No comments:

Post a Comment