Monday, November 1, 2010

Monday doings

Pretty good day, Monday! San Diego Chargers won again last night, Yippie! Me, Annelie & Ida kicked the rooster awake at 5.30 am fed and let the horses out. Cleaned out some stalls headed home for breakfast and went straight up to the barn again to finish up. By 9.00 me and Ida were horseback heading out on the trail.


We lulled along and followed the old hiker trail by the waterline. Beautiful day! The "surf" hitting the pebbly beach and the sun slowly getting warmer. Great ride, and a pretty good start of the day.

Later me and Annelie took a drive to look at a new place again. Nice little spread with a house in need of alittle facelift, a barn yet to be built but nice land though with a dozen or so acres of pastureland and a few more covered with trees. Might be something...

After that little excursion we drove up to Tärnsjö, a tannery a bunch of miles up north of us. There we got walked through their all naturell process of tanning hides. No chrome or chemicals jurk bark and enzymes and stuff. Really cool! I also got me a scraped rawhide for my braiding projects. I know Jeremy, not the real deal when you don´t prepare the hide yourself. Just that the season we´re in over here, I might not see the sun for another six months or so and winter time is not the best of times for drying hides over here. Next project I´ll start from scratch, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment