Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Back to basics....

A good thing that has come outa this broken hand business is that I've had to slow down a bunch when riding. The first week I just couldn't but take it slow, walk and maybe a few trotting strides here and there. This led us back to the basics a little bit. Worked a lot on being more correct in everything we did. Using more subtle cues and being a whole lot more patient.

During yesterdays ride I noticed Brady was a lot more responsive and listened to the slightest weight shift or movement of hand. Pretty cool really. He usually buldozes around in the drywork, something that's not really his forte (or mine I might ad) and can be a little sluggish. As a result of me being more particular and deliberate he's responded and really tries his hardest. Even when we pick up some speed he keeps his composure and sensitivity. Don't know if it'll last but if I can keep the same mindset, hopefully so can he.

No comments:

Post a Comment