Sunday, April 25, 2010

Run, little deer

I´m afraid of mentioning this, but we let food for a couple of weeks get away this morning. I was at the barn letting the horses out when Annelie called and told me to hurry home, and bring a knife or scissors with me. Right by the house next to one of our pastures is a soccer field. When I came running back home I saw Annelie by one of the goals and a DEER tangled in it´s net! It was a pretty handsome buck but this guy was seriously stuck!!


He had managed to get his horns tangled along with a few turns around his neck. He was also pretty mad! So after some initial problems of getting on top of him,( they kick like crazy by the way and are darn agile!) I got a hold of his back legs and lifted him clear of the ground. Annelie got busy with the scissors. I don´t know how many turrns he´d managed to get around his horns, but it took a good 10 minutes to cut him free. He sounded like a rabbid dog too all the time we worked on him. My reluctance to mentioning this incident is Annelies family, her brothers especially will have a fit! They´re hard core hunters and spend more time in the woods than indoors almost. We basically had dinner delivered and set him FREE??!!

Felt pretty good though seeing him take off across the fields and head up in the woods!

No comments:

Post a Comment