Thursday, July 7, 2011

Another rewarding day!

Rode 3 horses before 10 this morning. Cat, Diva and another client horse, Bosse. He's a 4yo warmblod gelding that has a bunch of holes in him. He's been sat on some before but I'll start from scratch. He's a bit coldbacked and has some buck in him.

Had to bail on Diva today. She had one of her moments where she want's it her way or else! Well, "or else" today was rearing sideway's, loosing balance and almost flippin' over! I decided to get outa there before having her land on top of me. Soft ground in the arena thankfully and nothing broken. We started over and she didn't throw any more fits. We'll stay in the arena a day or two more I think ;)

Cat was her usual self. Outside that means really quiet, soft and responsive. I absolutely love how she feels right now! I sure hope I can keep her this soft through out!

Gonna start earlier tomorrow though. It's getting awfully warm here, it's in the 30's C ( 90' F) and pretty humid so it takes it's toll. Bunch of horseflies the size of B52:s wakes up around 8am. They're big enough to take your leg off and head for the hills and we could really do without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment