Monday, July 25, 2011

Thieves & robbers!

Gizmo woke us about 3am last night, barking like crazy. A car was parked, engine running, outside. Got dressed and headed out to check `em out. They tore off along with another vehicle parked by the barn, before I got to them. Seems somebody needed some diesel, about 200 liters (53 gallons) missing from the backhoe! I hate when people cant leave other folks stuff alone. You better not let me catch you doing it again! I´ll dip you in it, take up smoking and just might drop a match!

Rode Bosse again yesterday. He´s a big, stout 4yo that I believe has real potential. He's got some issues though and is far from comfortable having me climb on and off. He ducked out a couple of times but I kept at it and after working him out thoroughly from the ground were able to get on him without incident. The buck is still there though, so you better be ready for a "ride". It's time to start working the fillies today. They've been off for a couple of weeks, beeing sick. Diva, Helen's big warmblood is my main focus the next few weeks. We were getting things done and making strides before the EHV virus hit us, and I'm anxious to see were we stand now.

It took a serious 214 to advance to the NCHA Summer Spectacular Derby's 2nd go. 135 horses advance. Most notable among the ones left out were Clint Allens Blue One Time (1/2 point shy) and Super Stakes champion Olenasduallyfeather, 1 point short.

2nd go today and it looks wide open so far. If you have the chance, watch Ronnie Rice cut a cow. He's got 3 horses in the second; Plain Jane Rey, Steves Indian and Sprats Sugar Rey. He's really assertive and determined when he makes his cuts and seldom cuts just for shape. A pleassure to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment