Friday, May 28, 2010

Yes Show!

Got word last night the RHA changed it´s initial pollicy regarding the cowhorse class on Sunday. It´s going to be an Any bit-Any age class thus making an appearance by me and Brady possible. After crying about the few opportunitys for people like us to show, I couldn´t very well back down and hide at home, could I? Now it´s up to me to get us as ready as can be and go down there and perform!

Brady´s first time on cows, fall 2008

Wish I hadn´t let him out to pasture after the Todd Fitch clinic though. I swear, the horse expanded his girth width by two holes in just 2 day´s!! Now people gonna think he´s a broodmare or something!

Yeah, you look good!
We´ll do the best we can and it´s probably gonna be a sissy reining run to keep him with me and let it fly abit more during the cowwork. As of now we´re gunning for that last place and anything beyond that is a victory!

Theese next two weeks before the show is unfortunately pretty hectic. We´ve got the Elitlopp weekend starting today, Saturday and Sunday with all that comes with that. Next week is usually a mess with thousands of pics to sort through from the races and probably a bunch of trips to the breeding facility with Peppy. Some cows arriving Monday too. The weekend after that we´re hopefully looking at a new ranch and if that goes well we´ve got to have an inspector out and check everything, meeting the bank etc.

The Elitlopp on Sunday

Phew!, might be good to keep busy though and not get too nervous for the show and all...Would like some more time though, to work out some kinks in the horse´s and my performance. On the other hand, I don´t think I´ll ever feel ready, probably alway´s something you wish you could do better...

2 comments:

  1. Just gonna have a look see...We might actually be headed for the mainland! Long way´s to go still but the place looks promising.

    ReplyDelete