Saturday, September 4, 2010

Some pics of yesterday´s horseing around

Thought I´d get a little more roping done as we´re shipping the bulls tomorrow. Annelie helped out on Avenir for starters and I must say, the old man is really taking to cowwork! He pins his ears and just gets after it. He´s even starting to come over his hocks when turning, albeit not the most graceful turns ever witnessed. Will miss the big boy´s even though they busted out again this morning. They have been really beneficial to both our pasture management and working horses and riders. Now I´m stuck with the wild and wholly highlands for the winter...

Setting up a scoop loop



Another Scoop

Good thing I´ve got a stout horse or he´d be liable to fall over forward considering my style!



Trying a houliahan



Jup, gotcha!



Clearing his buddy

Getting short

Setting up a backhand



You did good, Brady! And as always, I nailed all the throws on my first try ;-))

I think Annelie will miss `em the most...

No comments:

Post a Comment