Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I Forgot...

I don´t know why, but I absolutely forgot to touch on a this when it happened a few weeks ago.

You know how I´ve been pouring on about the lack of succes the trainers and Swedish bred horses have had showing in cutting and cowhorse, well finally a trainer steps up and produces not only a European Futurity champion, but a Swe-made one at that!!

My sincere congratulations to Jocke Pettersson and Hotroddersquixote for the win in the European Cowhorse Futurity! He is by our friend Styrbjörns stud Pablo Quixote and Klassy Little Jewel? Some praise and congrats also to owner Marita Larsson and rider Jimmy Flores!

This is, in my opinion, what makes a good trainer. The ability to start a colt and take him all the way. I don´t know Jocke personally, don´t think I ever met him, so I can´t really have an opinion on his training methods or anything else about him. But the man must´ve done something right. You don´t win the Futurity on pure luck alone now do you? So again, congratulations on your win and hopefully this spurs the rest of the cowhorse comunity here in Sweden and we get to be regular contenders!

No comments:

Post a Comment