Monday, January 24, 2011

Sunday ride

Have actually had time to work the horses some the last couple of day´s. Brady is a lock and really solid. Timber Trouble is coming along too but the ground is still frozen and icy so I can´t really work him the way I´d like. He needs to be gathered up a bunch and learn how to engage his back end and shoot those hindfeet under him. We´ve just been able to hit the trail and not much else. Yesterday I found a baldspot in one of the pastures though and we were able to get some good things done.

Also took a ride with Ida and her friend, with me riding Brady and Ida & friend alterning on Elton. Also towed the Gizmo the dog along. Beautiful day! sunshine, no wind, cold and crisp. About half way down the trail the girls didn´t want to walk any more and I ended up on the ground with Ida claiming Brady and friend mounted on Elton, me and dog shuffling along in their tracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment