Saturday, July 30, 2011

Kick The Cat



Man, I just rode the best filly I've ever been on! Kick The Cat is far and away the most talented 2 yearold I've ever had the pleasure to ride. Everything comes soooo easy for her! Soft, supple and really responsive. I know, I know she's only had about 15-20 rides but still, she does everything with such grace and style it's almost scary. Show her something once and she's got it down pat.

So I have to admit it's all on me now, showing her the way and keeping her sound. Her dam, my good friends Göran & Mariannes Spanish Sue Reed, was a real classy lady and showed Cats grace and flowing moves and was by all accounts also a classy ride as a youngster. She was put in the broodmare band at a young age and was never shown. I got her 3 or 4 years ago when the mare was 14 I think. Finding a Smart Little Lena stud with an impeccable damside along with a good performance record was what I set out to do. Wild Thing DNA was who I chose. By SLL and out of Autumn Boon ( Dual Pep-Royal Blue Boon) with $115.000 in NCHA earnings and a great comformation, disposition & pricetag made the choice pretty simple.

She's still mostly legs though, closing in on 15 hands and needs to develop some more muscle. That'll come in time and I'm gonna stay on her for another month with short, easy rides working the fundamentals, before leaving her more or less alone till late fall.

Here she is breaking in the new "HighTie".




Been riding Mariette & Stefans Bosse for a couple of day's in a row. Glad to say we're making real progress and he's calmer and alot more at ease with me up there now. He feels alot better too and the stiffness and brace in his shoulder gets better and better as Mariette's been giving him acupuncture and heat treatments.

The NCHA Non-Pro Summer Spectacular Derby Finals is on and following that is the Open Derby. We'll see if I can keep awake for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment