Friday, August 12, 2011

Finishing up

Been working 2-3 horses a night here the last couple of weeks. Had lots of ground to make up after the hand thing and horses being sick. They all have progressed as I'd hoped and the clients horses, Bosse & Diva I think I got fairly solid.

Bosse

Bosse I hear is working out great for his new owners and Diva's owner Helene, was very pleased with her progress last night. She was a bit tender footed though as we had her feet trimmed the other day, but she's handled things really well the last week or so. We haven't seen eye to eye all the time though and she's been abit immature, wich is fine and as expected as she's only 2. She's been exposed to a rider now though and know the basics and has worked in all gates and speeds.

Diva





As for our own pony's, Cat is getting a break now for a month or two as I have her pretty much where I want her. She was probably the best I've felt her last night and I feel really good about backing off for awhile before it's time to introduce her to cowwork.

Brady's been ridden only sporadicly through the summer as I've focused on the clients horses and the youngsters. He's really solid though and pretty much knows his stuff. He'll get more work now though and especially if & when we get some cows here.

Annelies trotter mare Ritzy is about ready to get back in training too and I know Annelie's eager. She looks sooo much better and now it's time to put some more muscle on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment