Saturday, October 1, 2011

Our new, virtual, stud colt!

Well, "wish I had a boatload of money" kinda sums up the way the Select Yearling & Broodmare sale went. For my virtual studprospect "buy" I had set a $10.000 limit and was hoping for finds in the $5.000 range.

The results:

73. Good God Almighty $35,000
(2/26/2010 red roan s) (One Time Pepto x Love Em N Lena x Smart Little Lena)
I knew this guy would be outa my range from the start, but I really liked him. He's probably gonna cost another $20.000 in bills until the 2013 Futurity so if you want to break even by his 3 yearold year, he better win!

62. Stylish Lena Rey $15,500
(3/19/2010 sorrel s) (Stylish Rey x Petite Olena x Smart Little Lena)
This one I didn't figure would bring this kind of bucks, but he is a nice horse with a good to great pedigree.

81. Cadilac Rey $13,000
(2/6/2010 red roan s) (Dual Rey x Sumkinda Pinkcadilac x Peptoboonsmal)

I guess his colour brought him up another $3.000 from where I had him, and he looks to be a great individual with strong, strong papers.

132. Apolo Oak $12,500
(2/1/2010 sorrel s) (CD Olena x Shiners Little Oak x Shining Spark)

As I suspected this one got away too. I knew people would like him and they obviously did.

94.Wheres My Spot $12,500
(4/10/2010 bay s) (Spots Hot x Wheres My Shine x Shining Spark); Cowan Ranch Inc..

A real miss here. I thought we could sneak off with one here. I guess others saw what I did or they all read my blog! Good looking sucker too.

77. Time For The Diamond $9,500
(1/12/2010 sorrel s) (One Time Pepto x Diamonds With Style x Playin Stylish)
Ok, now we're back on budget! I though this one might go higher than this because of the seller, his sire and his good looks. But he sure met our criteria and are now grazing 4Corners virtual pasture!

86. Fletch The Cash $6,000
(2/6/2010 bay s) (Royal Fletch x Mo Flo x Mr Peponita Flo)

This one might just be the find we were looking for. I think someone got a really nice horse here for a very fair price.

The one I really, really wish we could have bought though was the colt from the classic sale, Purdy Wrockin Cat, $5.400 would've been tempting if I was on site. Looks like our friends from the Waggonhound thought enough of him aswell to buy him, he is a son of their top stud WR This Cats Smart.


No comments:

Post a Comment