Sunday, December 11, 2011

Oh Miss Caroline!!!

It's way past my bedtime so I´ll be brief. Great NCHA Futurity finals tonight!!! Started off with Ronnie Rice setting the bar with a stunning 225 performance on Jewel Bars Cat. Flawless is the word that comes to mind. Great, clean cuts right in the middle. A horse that never took a false step. I think he might've had a shot if he wasn't the first one out!

Bunch of horses making great runs, but none at the level that Rices did....until.....the final contestant Craig Thompson entered the herd on Oh Miss Caroline, a mare that's a full sister to former Futurity winner Oh Cay Felix! Great run with a horse cutting her heart out! Lots and lots of working time is what I believe got him the win.

Here's the new Champ!









2 comments:

  1. Love to see folks blogging about this. I'm with the Center Ranch and was there in Will Rogers that night. Ronnie's run was an AWESOME way to start the show and man I wish he could have held onto that lead. I still think that had the three riders (Cooper, Rice and Thompson been in the same set, that the results might have been a little different. Who knows, what's done is done and we're proud of Ronnie one way or the other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tamara, welcome!
    I was standing under the judges booth so I had a pretty decent view also! ;) I still think Ronnies run was the cleanest and best one but after talking to some pro-trainers, judges and folks with a whole lot more experiance then I have, the thing that tipped the scale was degree of difficulty and amount of courage. Working time was about the same, Ronnie a second or two longer actually, but his run was pretty soft compared to Craigs. I also liked Michael Coopers horse but still think Ronnie shoulda won, guess that's why I aint alowed in the judges booth but have to stand under it.....

    ReplyDelete