Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Spring is in the air

Beautiful day today!
Sun shining from a cloudless sky and actually starting to warm up a bit.

Just got back in from working the little "yeller feller" Eros. He's been off since Saturday and was a bit fresh. Did really good though and he's a little more comfortable working in all gaits and speeds now. He was a little tense lopeing the first couple of sessions, but I think it's important for them to know they can lope with me on their back, knowing nothin bad's gonna happen. He was excellent today, though alittle weary bout the sunreys streaming in through the arena windows.

We've had a run of bad luck here lately with a couple of the horses. My filly Cat's been hurt for a couple of weeks and I'll leave her alone for another week or so. Eva's arabian mare hurt herself also the other day, so Eros is getting most of my attention at the moment. Have been working Polly aswell and she's about to burst with energy and being a general pain in the pasture. She's pretty much all business when she gets to do something though and she'll be fun to ride I'm sure in a couple of weeks when it's time to step on for real.

Cattlemens Derby is in full swing in Graham, Tx. 1st go of the 5/6 classic yesterday and 2nd go today. The 4year olds will wrap up their 1st go today also with the remaining 4 sets. Will keep an x-tra eye on Matt & Patti Sargood's Bratz Cat. I'll be looking at a full brother when I fly over for the Super Stakes later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment